Siberian Larch used for wooden gates
As the name suggests the timber for our Siberian Larch wooden gates is an imported softwood from Siberia, which is felled from sustainable forests and has some amazing qualities.
Siberian Larch wooden gates are both durable and with care long lasting
- VERY DURABLE – Its one of the toughest and hardest softwoods in the world, and is ideal where physical damage may occur ie knocks and scrapes on wooden gates
- ROT AND FUNGUS RESISTANT – naturally resistant to rot and fungus attack making impregnation ie tanalising unneccesary
- DURABILITY – Studies concerning the life of the timber have shown :-
- 10-15 years in contact with the ground
- 50-100 years unproteted outdoors
- 100-150 years protected outdoors
- SUSTAINABILITY – This is a sustainable timber source, with more timber growing than is felled annually
- DIMENSIONALLY STABLE – Very little expansion when exposed to heat or moisture. Very important with gates, remains stable and straight
- STRENGTH, VISUAL APPEARANCE, FAIRLY LOW MAINTENANCE, ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY, COMPETITIVE PRICE
SIBERIAN LARCH WOODEN GATES TAKES STAIN WELL BUT PAINTS SHOULD BE AVOIDED
If you would prefer to have a much more durable gate, then perhaps you should think of investing in a Western red Cedar gate or a hardwood gate ie. Iroko or even European Oak gate!! We now even offer Aluminium Gates in a wood effect finishes!!
Wooden Gate Timber Products Ltd do not recommend to leave any timber untreated open to the elements as this is classed as abuse.